We have lost an iconic style warrior. The Emperor of Eyeglasses, Dr. Donald L. Golden,passed away Monday night, just two months shy of his 100th birthday. Known for his impeccable fashion sense and lavish lifestyle, Dr. Golden was one of the first doctors to leverage media advertising to build his business. He was the founder of the well-known Detroit Optometric Centers, better known as D.O.C. Says Richard Golden, his son, who took over the business along with his brothers, growing it to 118 stores throughout several states: “He loved professional boxing. He was on the Michigan Boxing Commission. He loved to golf. He loved to travel. Being well-dressed was something that was very important to him. He wore custom suits, beautiful jewelry and was always dressed to the nines. He instilled that sense of style in my brothers and me.” Adds another son, Randal Golden: “He had an uncanny ability to recall details from events that happened 50-60 years ago. He was a wonderful story teller. We will all miss him terribly.” Rest well, Dr. Golden. We see the world more stylishly because of you.
Tux & Chucks is Cool Smart, Inc's annual fundraising event. The event also benefits local Detroit based grass root charities. Founded in 2011, this is the flagship annual event for
Tux & Chucks is Cool Smart, Inc’s annual fundraising event. The event also benefits local Detroit based grass root charities. Founded in 2011, this is the flagship annual event for Cool Smart, Inc. Tux & Chuck’s mission is to assist small non-profit organizations with financial support to thrive within the Detroit Metropolitan community. For the eigth year, the founders will celebrate helping local non-profits continue their specific initiatives and efforts at the 8th Annual Fundraising Event to be held Saturday, November 24, 2018 at the Bert’s Warehouse Theatre in the Eastern Market in Downtown Detroit.
A spectacular event is awaiting your ticket purchase. Below lists the amenities you will enjoy Tux & Chucks style:
Hor d’ oeuvres / Premier Bar / Souvenir Photos / Live Entertainment & more
For more information, please visit: www.tuxandchucks.org
24 (Saturday) 8:00 pm - 25 (Sunday) 12:00 am
The Detroit Public Safety Foundation presents... The 6th Annual Above & Beyond Awards Ceremony 2018 Please join Verizon, PVS Chemicals and the The Detroit Public Safety Foundation for this year's 6th Annual Above
The Detroit Public Safety Foundation
The 6th Annual Above & Beyond Awards Ceremony 2018
Please join Verizon, PVS Chemicals and the The Detroit Public Safety Foundation for this year’s 6th Annual Above and Beyond Awards Ceremony. Each year at this signature event, DPSF recognizes first responders and civilians for their selfless service to the citizens of Detroit.
- Members of the Detroit Police Department will receive Medals of Valor & Purple Heart Awards
- Members of the Detroit Fire and EMS Departments will receive Medals of Valor, Purple Heart Awards & Emergency Merit Awards
- Home Depot is being recognized for their unwavering support of the Detroit Police and Detroit Fire Departments including many large scale renovation projects at fire houses and police precincts.
- Tonya Allen, President and Chief Executive Officer with The Skillman Foundation, is this year’s City Change
Maker. The City Change Maker is someone who embodies the ideals of Detroit and is committed to making
the city a better place for all residents.
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
400 Renaissance Dr, Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48243
5:00 PM Registration Open
5:30 PM Cocktail Reception
6:30 PM Dinner
8:30 PM Conclude
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- Valid State ID or Drivers License is required for entry.
What are my parking options?
- Parking is available in the Miller Garage, Atwater Garage and Beaubian Garage for an average price of $20 per car.
- Please visit http://gmrencen.com/parking-and-valet for additional parking information
What should I bring to the event?
- Bring your Valid State ID or Drivers License.
- Bring your printed ticket or emailed ticket located on your mobile device.
- Bring everyone in your group
Will there be a coat check?
- Yes, Complimentary coat check will be available.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- No. Your ticket is not transferable. Please make your selections carefully.
Can I update my registration information?
- Yes. You may update your registration while tickets are on sale.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes. Please bring your printed ticket or emailed ticket on your mobile device.
What is the attire for the Above and Beyond Awards Ceremony?
- Business / After 5
Can I use someone else’s ticket?
- No. The person’s name on the ticket must match the person that attends the event with that ticket. Please make sure you update your registration information prior to the event for a smooth and fast check-in experience.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Contact Npayne@DetroitPublicSafety.org for questions
(Thursday) 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us for our fourth annual District 6 community heroes awards dinner! We will honor several community heroes in District 6 - a small business, community organization, individual leader, and
Join us for our fourth annual District 6 community heroes awards dinner! We will honor several community heroes in District 6 – a small business, community organization, individual leader, and ally.
All funds will go towards the Neighborhood Service Center in District 6, also known as the Mary Turner Center for Advocacy! From helping residents save their home from tax foreclosure to assisting pregnant moms-to-be with a community baby shower, the Mary Turner Center for Advocacy is on a mission and in order to keep our efforts going into 2019, we need your support.
We will have a featured speaker, award presentations, and delicious food!
Domino’s Pizza and more coming soon.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. If interested, please email Larissaa.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Mary Turner Center for Advocacy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
(Friday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm